ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center, givs a couple of tips to keep your pets safe from certain elements that can poison them. The common problem is gastrointestinal disorder or certain skin allergies.
You can keep them away from the following elements:
1. Keep alcohol away from pets, as any contact with alcohol can poison pets.
2. Do not apply cosmetics on pets.
3. Keep your pet away from fireworks and match-boxes.
4. Do not change the diet of your pet, except in cases you find that the present diet is not suiting it.
5. Keep your pets away from flammables, pesticides, candles and mosquito repellents.